The death of a loved one is very difficult to bear.
Given the emotional toll, it is common during times of grief to make financial decisions that you may later regret.
We have advised clients through difficult times to ensure they can grieve without the added worry and confusion around what financial steps to take.
Maybe your partner managed the finances and your first question is "where do I start?" The first step is to seek assistance.
A good financial adviser will not just 'take over' but rather work with you to ensure you are empowered to take control.
Furthermore, through our ongoing Financial Management Service, we ensure our clients Estate Plan provides control and certainty, the right asset to the right person at the right time.
We are located in Carlton, Melbourne VIC, however have clients all over Australia and overseas.
Contact us on Ph: (03) 9349 1525 or email email@example.com
First things first, let us ease the stress during Probate
- we can communicate with the solicitor and accountant
- we can liaise with bank managers, real estate agents, fund managers and even hold family meetings
- we can review the Will and clarify the legal jargon
- we will be here at each step of the process - reviewing what you have - what needs to be done and when.
Our role is to allow you the time grieve whilst we take care of the administration.
The Estate has been finalised, what next?
We now make things clearer for you and ensure all is in order:
- what assets and liabilities do you now have?
- how are you going to meet your cashflow in the most tax efficient manner?
- what are the tax implications of selling investments (including shares and property)?
- how best to maximise the inheritance - maybe superannuation is most suitable or maybe it isn't?
- make sure your own Will and Powers of Attorney are in order.
Hear from our client Teresa, who has bravely shared her story in the hope that others seek assistance: