4 Key Ingredients to our Investment Philosophy:
1) Strategy and Structure:
- We are active in the area we can control, which is your asset allocation, proven to provide the majority of your results.
- We focus on flexibility, diversification, liquidity, tax effectiveness & low fees.
- We outsource investment management so that we concentrate on your Financial Life Plan.
- Sometimes value comes from what we don’t do – e.g. we don’t believe in high portfolio turnover, this increases your fees and taxes.
2) Minimise Risk:
- Why take on more risk than required. Capital preservation is paramount.
- Risk required to achieve objectives Vs Risk toleration in order to sleep at night maybe two different things - sometimes there is a tradeoff - we work with you to understand the implications of your decision.
- No one can pick when the market will turn around.
4) We don't chase last year's winner:
- Research indicates this is likely to ensure you miss out on this year's winner.