The goal of any good financial plan is to achieve the lifestyle you desire.
We understand that money means more than numbers. It means being able to do the things you enjoy, support the people you love, leave a legacy, live comfortably and stress free in all stages of your life and especially in retirement.
We take the time to get to know you so that your financial plan suits your personality.
We develop a professionally intimate ongoing relationship to ensure we understand your values and purpose.
Our approach to advice is to “begin with the end/goal in mind” – visualise your ideal lifestyle and design a map of how to get there. By adopting a thorough and comprehensive planning approach, our focus is on process rather than investment product, we coach our clients to achieve their financial goals.
The Financial Planning Process
Having experienced the Global Financial Crisis, it is not surprising many people are disenchanted with investing, feeling disappointed with a degree of anxiety that external factors have had such a major impact on their investments and overall financial position.
Outcomes of an investment strategy should not depend entirely on investment returns. What is also important is how good financial planning advice can deliver a lifestyle that enables choice, freedom and flexibility.
Financial planning is far more complex than putting together numbers and placing investments. Your needs are unique and varied amidst an ever-changing financial environment. A good financial plan should be based on your lifestyle and financial goals and integrate savings, investment and income planning, risk assessment, tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning. Most importantly, financial planning is an ongoing process.
You have choices when it comes to managing and achieving your financial objectives. But how do you make the choices that are right for you?
- We help you think about your life and how you want your lifeplan to evolve in the short, medium and long term based on your values and goals. We help you clarify your vision of an ideal life and identify your financial and lifestyle goals.
- We assess your current financial position by determining your assets and liabilities, your income and expenses and evaluate your superannuation, investments and insurance, in order to give you a clear understanding of where you are and what resources you have to support your goals. This starting point provides a point of reference and puts your financial plan into context.
- We work with you to formulate an Action Plan and financial strategy to move you from your present position to where you want to be.
- If your plan involves investment: your risk profile, investment time frame and asset allocation are developed.
- To ensure you stay on track to achieve your objectives, your Action Plan and overall financial plan needs to be reviewed to accommodate your changing circumstances, unexpected challenges or opportunities, legislative changes and economic conditions.
- We have other services available for our clients. We provide qualified referrals for tax and accounting, business planning, career and estate planning.